A salesperson usually has a mindset that “we have the best solution for our prospects” and that they can definitely sell it to anyone. If customers don’t buy, it means their efforts are not enough or they’ve made mistakes along the way.
Yes, this can be true. However, selling software products – whether sold as a service (SaaS) or a CD of a downloadable app can be challenging. Just because you have a great solution that doesn’t guarantee success.
So how can you increase your chances of making your software stand out? Let your prospects know they’ve made the right decision in choosing you with these tips.
#1: Establish the prospect’s needs for their business.
When calling a prospect, you have to be clear what they are trying to achieve to figure out how you can help them.
TIP: Get to know them first. Ask questions about their current setup to help you assess their current business situation.
- What software are you using?
- How long have you been using it?
- How is it working for you? Do you have any issues or challenges with your current software?
- Are there any areas you wish to improve?
#2: Highlight your software’s features and benefits.
When talking to a prospect, always discuss relevant information about your product. Upon establishing their needs, only focus on the features and benefits that can benefit them.
#3: Look for possible options to move forward.
If prospects mentioned they’re not interested, it doesn’t mean they will never be interested of your product. It could mean, “Not now” but they might consider it in the future. Some objection might mean that the prospect needs more information about your product and services.
TIP: Open up options for your prospects to choose. Ask probing questions.
- When will be your next evaluation?
- By the time of your evaluation, would you consider other software available in the market?
- How about if I send you information about our company and the services that we offer. Would that work for you? (Always offer to send information for future reference. In case they might need something in the future, at least they have your information handy. )
- When can I call you back to follow up on this one?
#4: Always be available – Even if they’re already a customer.
Current customer or not, you need to provide better service in order to develop good relationship with them. Good customer service is important to build long term relationship with your clients. Even if you don’t hear from them after they’ve purchased your software, check on how they’re doing from time to time.
Returning customers means they can also provide better marketing for your business by spreading how good your service is to their business networks. By doing these tips, you’re pointing out that they’re making the right decision for themselves and their business.
Generate more software leads in Singapore today!
Dial +65 3159 1112